Monday, May 30, 2016

Guest Vanity


OK, so I must admit, I have a problem.  I HATE 90s oak.  Like, cannot stand it.  Therefore, I have a personal vendetta to cover it all with paint.  After painting many things such as trim, vanities, bookshelves, cabinets, etc. white, I thought it was time to incorporate a new color.


First, let me show you the original, boring, blah, builder-grade vanity.  Yep, you got it, it needs some live-in-ing up!  


These two tools I use for EVERYTHING.  This is my go-to primer that I absolutely LOVE!  It does wonders and the best part is.....NO SANDING.  It seriously sticks to anything.  The Wooster Shortcut 2 inch brush I have used for trim, vanities, cabinets, furniture, anything and everything.  It moves so easily and fits perfectly in your hand.  This is my favorite brush by far and a lot of the time you don't even need to use a foam roller on the top coat.


So here is what she looked like after brushing two coats of primer on.  As I have said before, yes, primer makes you think, "Oh, God!  I shouldn't have done this!"  Trust me, it will be OK, continue to paint.  :)


For my paint, we chose a beautiful deep gray called "Chelsea Gray" by Benjamin Moore.  I purchased only a pint since I was just doing a vanity and made sure I got semi-gloss so it would be more stain resistant.  Always use semi-gloss when painting over wood.  Period.


One coat complete!  Almost done!


Two coats done and new hardware on!  Oh yeah, and I cleaned the counter.    :)

Done and gorgeous!  My husband and I love the color!  Highly recommend Chelsea Gray from Benjamin Moore if you are looking for a deep gray.


What a difference!

Thanks for reading!

Peace, Love, and Balance,

Lanna





1 comment:

  1. You did a beautiful job!! Thanks for sharing, esp what you used, since it is so helpful and inspiring too! Your wording and sense of humor made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete