Sunday, June 5, 2016

Baby Sprinkle!


We decided to throw my sister a baby sprinkle for her second baby which is going to be the first girl baby in the family...yay!  

For the party we decided to do a literal theme for the "sprinkle" and have sprinkles everywhere!


This was the sign I created for the entrance to the sprinkle!





I began by creating a banner for Lennon, my future niece.  (Cutest name ever, right?!)
I always start banner making by purchasing really cute scrapbook paper, which for this occasion was white with multicolored dots.  I then purchased sparkly glitter letter stickers and gold ribbon. 
First, cut out a triangle template in order to trace and cut out the little flags for the letters of the name.
Then, stack all the paper triangles and punch out the holes for the ribbon so they all match.
Be sure to get thin ribbon so it fits easily through the holes.
Finally, thread the ribbon through, stick on the letters, and that's it!

I purchased the multicolored hanging banner from Target.



For the center pieces, I used Mason Jars and filled them with sprinkles and simply cut roses from my backyard and stuck them in.  I also hot-glued gold ribbon around the top for a little added sparkle.  :)


Since it was 86 degrees outside the day of the shower, I decided it would be best to let my 8 month pregnant sister open presents inside haha.  Therefore, I set up my mantel for presents!  
I made this banner by using the letter cut out thingy at my school and hot gluing it to gold ribbon so it almost looked like the letters were floating.  I also brought in the dot theme by hanging these little dot banners from Hobby Lobby on either side of the mantel.



This detail was a big hit!  The sprinkle rimmed glasses were one of my favorite things of the "sprinkle".  It was so simple too!  You literally dip the rim in corn syrup and then dip it in a plate of sprinkles.  Yep, that's it and it adds such a cute detail if I do say so myself haha.



So for the food, of course we used lots of sprinkles!  We got her favorite cookies from a local bakery that are made with loads of sprinkles.  We also made chocolate covered strawberries and pretzel rods that we sprinkled as well.



My sisters MIL is such a talented cake baker and decorator that she can literally make anything!  I sent her this idea and she more than delivered.  Yes, it was just as delicious as it was beautiful!

And that, my friends is how we made this Baby Sprinkle happen!

Hope you enjoyed!  Tell me what you think!

Peace, Balance, and Gratitude,

Lanna






No comments:

Post a Comment