Saturday, April 23, 2016

Repurposing Old Items

Reusing Items in a Different Way!



One of the things I love about decorating, partly because it is a challenge for creativity, and partly because I love seeing things be used in unexpected ways, is reusing items in a new way to make a space more visually interesting and dimensional.  I have a few examples I snapped on my camera around my house.

Example #1:

The Pallet Jewelry Showcase!


I love, love, love the way this came out.  I was given a few pallets from my sister and decided to use one as a way to display jewelry.  It works quite well!  Especially since prior to having this pallet, I was hanging all my necklaces on one nail.  Yeah, this is way better, and super cute!  No more tangles is also a definite plus.

Example #2 The Sideways Ladder Wall Filler-er (haha)

Shelf from Pier One

When looking for a way to fill this wall under this shelf, I thought how cute a ladder would be hung sideways.  At first I wanted to put pictures in the empty spaces, but ended up going with dried flowers from a bouqet my honey got for me :)  Love the way it turned out!



Example #3:  The INSIDE Shutters



Pitcher from IKEA

This idea came to me one afternoon when trying to decide what drapes would look good in my kitchen.  No color, no idea, was giving me the feeling of "YES!"  That is, until, I thought of shutters!  At my usual antique mall, they ALWAYS have a bunch of large shutters so I headed there and got a couple.  They were originally a dark, forest green.  I cleaned them up and gave them a fresh coat of, you guessed it!  Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint.  They just happened to be the perfect length of the window...talk about lucky!  (This girl right here!)

Example #4

The Overly Used Window Frame


Lamp from Homegoods, plant from Pier One, and Wreath from JoAnne Fabric

Yes, everyone and their sister decorates with window frames now, but, I mean, it is cute!  I got this window frame a couple years ago and it was only ten bucks.  Most people put a nice mirror in the center of their foyer, but why be like everyone else.  I wanted a window!  It is nice how it still reflects a lot of the sunlight coming in through the front.  

Thanks for checking out my blog!

Peace, Balance, and Gratitude!

Lanna

No comments:

Post a Comment