Saturday, April 9, 2016

Dresser Refinish with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Dresser Project!  


Moving into a large 3 bedroom house after living in a one bedroom apartment for.... ooooohhh......seven years (give or take a couple) causes you to need lots of furniture, suddenly!  My husbands' parents were very gracious and gave us a chest of drawers and dresser set.  While decorating the guest room I found these pillows at TJ Maxx that I absolutely loved!  Especially the tealy-turquoisy color that ran throughout the design, yes, that's a technical color name.  Here are the pillows that inspired!


inspiring pillows!


 I usually like to base a design for a room on something that I find that I love the colors of.  Since I fell in love with the color scheme in this pillow, I pulled the turquoise and old white to use for the furniture.  


                 Annie Sloan Chalk Paint has always been my absolute FAV paint to work with.  It is the easiest to use with no prep needed.  You literally just slap on a couple coats, use sandpaper to shabby if desired, then throw a coat of Minwax on it and......VOILA!  Done, with a brand new redone cutesy shabby dresser.....if you don't look toooo closely!


Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Provence and Old White

Here are the completed before and after dressers in all their glory!  
I absolutely LOVE the way the Old White and Provence colors came together.



And now, how they look all situated in their new
 room with their lovely
 matching color scheme pillows!
(this room is still a work in progress!)


THANKS FOR READING MY FIRST PROJECT POST!  Woo hoo!  Come back for more!

Peace, Balance, and Gratitude
Lanna

3 comments:

  1. These pieces are awesome! Please blog more details about the complete process! Maybe take us through each step with an old piece of furniture. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! I tried painting a dresser once...sad times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pieces are always so great! Can't wait to see more posts! - Krysta

    ReplyDelete